SSH is a connection module in our X-Win32 product that allows you to make SSH connections to remote Unix, Linux, and BSD hosts in order to run your X11 client applications (e.g. xterm, Cadence, Catia, etc.) SSH encrypts and compresses all network traffic that is sent between your remote applications and X-Win32 (using X11 Forwarding technology), resulting in a secure and fast connection.
SSH Feature Highlights
- Kerberos integration using Microsoft's SSPI, when installed, allowing seamless Kerberos authentication for your SSH connections.
- Supports password change requests when using Keyboard Interactive authentication (available in most SSH servers, including OpenSSH.)
- Supports alternative or two factor authentication schemes when using Keyboard Interactive authentication.
- Full support for the SSH1 and SSH2 protocols, with automatic detection of the best protocol to use.
- Optional permanent and temporary encrypted password saving, using Windows Cryptography Services for secure password storage on disk and in memory.
- Automatic setting of the DISPLAY environment variable.
- Automatic use of XAuth for X11 Client authentication, no need to add any hosts to your XHost list. Connection progress dialogs help to diagnose connection problems and collect all text output from a particular session in one easy to access location.
- Connection progress dialogs help to diagnose connection problems and collect all text output from a particular session in one easy to access location.
- X-Win32's Session Wizard assists in preparing new sessions for various remote operating systems (e.g. Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, and VMS).
- Allows easy specification of an alternative SSH port on a per-session basis (e.g. TCP port 2200).
SSH Session Editing - General
SSH Session Editing - Advanced