This message usually means a previous installation of a software is getting in the way of the new installation. The fix is to download a free program from Microsoft that will totally and completely remove the old software. Then the new version can load unimpeded.
- Download: Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
- Run the Msicuu.exe application. This will install the program.
- Run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility file you just loaded (Start > All Programs > Windows Install Clean Up or C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up double click msicuu.exe
- You will see window listing various applications. Select the offending program, then click Remove. You’ll see the warning box, select OK. The utility will remove all the parts of the program from your computer.
- Restart your computer, then try loading the new version of the software.