Where is My Terminal Emulator?
X-Win32 is an X Server which main purpose is to display remote graphical applications. Most modern Unix/Linux systems have an X based terminal emulator included in the X libraries. As such X-Win32 does not include one by default.
Here is a list of Terminal Emulators which StarNet recommends:
- xterm — Basic terminal emulator. Available on most systems
- gnome-terminal — Modern terminal emulator for the GNOME Desktop — easy customization
- konsole — Modern terminal emulator for the KDE desktop. — easy customization
- dtterm — Terminal emulator for CDE
- aixterm — Terminal emulator on AIX systems
Modern terminal emulators (gnome-terminal, konsole) are generally recommended for beginners who are looking for basic customization.