- Release Notes
- System Requirements
- Creating your first session
- Where are the connections located
- Enable Legacy Settings for older Applications
- CAC Smart Card Authentication
- Passive Mode
I have an older version of X-Win32. but I cannot display gnome or other Linux desktops. (I get a black display)
Gnome and other Linux desktops updated their x.org code which causes issues with older X Servers. Please upgrade to the latest version of X-Win32 https://starnet.com/download/.
*Note newer applications such as Matlab may have this issue also.
Where can I download older versions?
You can download older versions of FastX and X-Win32 by going to https://www.starnet.com/download/legacy.php.
Is FastX or X-Win32 impacted by the Log4j Vulnerability?
We confirm that FastX and X-Win32 are not impacted by the log4j vulnerability.
How to prompt the X-Win32 registration window?
How to register X-Win32 without internet?
How to transfer my license to a new PC?
Please contact StarNet Support for assistance. Please include your license key when submitting a case. https://www.starnet.com/company/contact?who=support
How to restart SSH?
An application is not rendering correctly using an older version of Unix.
Please run X-Win32 in legacy mode: https://www.starnet.com/xwin32kb/legacy-mode/
What type of licensing is supported by X-Win32?
X-Win32 has two different type of licensing:
- Node-locked licenses registers an individual PC. Node-locked licenses uses the hostid of the PC to register. (license example: xxxxxx-xxxxxxx)
- Concurrent (floating) licenses utilizes a RLM license server in order to manage the licensing. A license is used when a user successfully launches a session. The license is freed once the user terminates all their sessions. (license example: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx)
In X-Win32 19 or higher, how do I remove the session window option that appears after I start a session?
In X-Config under the “Window” tab, check box “Show X-Win32 menu in notification area“. This will move X-Win32 from the task bar to the system tray after a session is launched. Session window options are still available by right clicking on the X-Win32 icon in the system tray.
How to configure XDMCP?
Note: XMCP is unsecure and it is recommended to use X-Win32 Secure GNOME, KDE, CDE session or create an ssh desktop session.
The latest Matlab is now crashing.
Matlab updated their x.org code. Please upgrade to X-Win32 19 or higher.