StarNet Communications Corp.
FastX End User License Agreement
This Agreement is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and StarNet Communications Corp. ("StarNet") for the StarNet “FastX Client and
Server software products (“FastX”) with which it is included ("Software"). FastX includes computer software and associated media and printed materials, and may include
online or electronic software and documentation. By installing, copying, or otherwise using FastX, you agree to be bound by the terms of this license. If you do not
agree to the terms of this license, return the unused Software to StarNet or the location where you obtained it.
FastX is licensed, not sold, to you by StarNet for use only under the following terms, and StarNet reserves any rights not expressly granted to you. You own the media on
which FastX is recorded, but StarNet retains ownership of all copies of FastX itself.
- License. (a) The FastX Server can be registered either a Network (named Users or Concurrent) license provided to you by StarNet or its agent.(b) The fastX client is
not protected by a license. Depending on the license type, your license allows you to:
- Install FastX on as many computers on as you like, while the maximum number of copies of FastX that can be used at one time is limited by the number that has
been licensed from StarNet.
- Execute FastX from a common disk shared by multiple CPUs, provided that the maximum number of CPUs that access FastX at one time does not exceed number that
has been licensed from StarNet.
- Distribute copies of the evaluation version of FastX to others without authorization from StarNet.
- FastX is protected by copyright law. As an express condition of this License, you must reproduce on each copy the StarNet copyright notice and any other
proprietary legends on the original copy supplied by StarNet. This restriction on copying FastX expires upon the expiration of all underlying copyrights.
- Restrictions. You may NOT distribute licensed copies of FastX to others without authorization from StarNet. You may NOT decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or
otherwise reduce FastX to a human perceivable form. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, ADAPT, TRANSLATE, RENT, LEASE, LOAN, OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS BASED UPON FASTX OR ANY
- Termination. This license is effective until terminated. This License will terminate immediately without notice from StarNet if you fail to comply with any of its
provisions. Upon termination you must destroy FastX and all copies thereof, and you may terminate this License at any time by doing so.
- Limited Warranty. This limited warranty and any implied warranties are effective for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of delivery (the "Limited Warranty
Period") as evidenced by a copy of your receipt. StarNet warrants to you that FastX will perform substantially in accordance with the documentation during the
Limited Warranty Period. You must report all defects, and return FastX to the location where you obtained it with a copy of your receipt within such period to be
eligible for warranty service. If FastX fails to comply with this warranty, StarNet will, at its option and cost, either provide all corrections required for any
errors, replace FastX, or refund the License fee for FastX.
- Export Law Assurances. You agree that neither FastX nor any direct product thereof will be transferred into any country prohibited by the U.S. Export Administration
Act and the regulations thereunder or will be used for any purpose prohibited by the Act.
- Warranty Disclaimer, Limitation of Remedies and Damages. THIS SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS ARE LICENSED "AS IS". IN NO EVENT WILL STARNET, OR
ITS DEVELOPERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS
OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE FASTX OR ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN
MATERIALS EVEN IF STARNET OR AN AUTHORIZED STARNET REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. STARNET DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FASTX WILL
FUNCTION PROPERLY IN YOUR MULTI-USER ENVIRONMENT. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential, or special damages, so the
above limitation may not apply to you.
- General. If you are a U.S. Government end-user, this License of FastX conveys only "RESTRICTED RIGHTS", and its use, disclosure, and duplication are subject to
Federal Acquisition Regulations, subparagraph (c) (1) (ii) of 52.227-7013. This License will be construed under the laws of the state of California, except for that
body of law dealing with conflicts of law, if obtained in the U.S., or the laws of jurisdiction where obtained if obtained outside the U.S. If any provision of this
License is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the remaining
portions of this License.