FastX can be configured to allow some users to be nominated as administrators, giving them access to other user sessions
Among other benefits, Administrators can
- View all user sessions
- Connect/Disconnect/Terminate user sessions
- Edit session parameters
- Monitor servers
- Change the Network Configuration
- Change the Theme
- The web server reads the admin.json file on the machine that you go to from your browser. In an advanced Network Configuration (Gateway, or Cluster), you may be an admin on ServerA, but not ServerB. if your username is only in ServerA’s admin.json file.
- Admins can connect to any running session which effectively gives the admin the ability to control a different user’s sessions. Take this into consideration when choosing administrators.
The First Administrator
By default there are no administrators on the system. Admins must be enabled running the post install script
- As root,run /usr/lib/fastx2/install.sh
- Add a user when prompted. The admin user should not be root
- Log in to the Browser Client as the admin that you created
- Click on the System Configuration Menu item
- Click on the Admins Section
You can now add and delete more admins
The Admin Panel
The admin panel gives you information on all the running sessions on every server connected to this system(
From this panel, an admin can Connect,Disconnect,or Terminate any session from any user.