The session appears all black when launching any session (KDE, GNOME, xterm etc). In multiple window mode, the window doesn’t appear at all.
The root cause of this issue is typically a misconfiguration of the DISPLAY variable.
- cat /etc/hosts — make a note of the entries
- ifconfig -a — note your ip address
Does your hostname ip address in /etc/hosts match the ip address from ifconfig -a ?
- Log in to the FastX Web Interface as an admin
- System > Sessions > Profiles > Default Profile > Session Settings
- Uncheck Enable X11 TCP Support
- Start a new session
Disabling X11 TCP support will make the session listen on localhost only. This will fix the issue, but certain applications like lsf need a remote DISPLAY. In these circumstances, these applications will fail.
Configure /etc/hosts to use the right ip address of the server