In version 8.2 and later, sessions can be stored in any directory on your system.
Creating a shared session
To create shared sessions, simply add a publicly readable folder to the session path of X-Config
(such as “Shared Documents”), then add your session to it.
For example, to create a shared session in “Shared Documents”
- Open X-Config
- Click on the Sessions Tab
- Click the “Add Folder” button
- Enter a Nickname for the directory in the Name field. For example “Shared Sessions for Linux”
- Enter the location of the directory in the Location field. Alternatively, you can click the browse button to browse for the directory you want to place sessions in, create a new directory. In this example, the location would be “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents”
- Click the OK button
- Copy your %APPDATA%\StarNet\X-Win32\XServer.config file into the directory xwin32.exe is stored in (Program Files\StarNet\X-Win32 version\)
- Create new sessions, or place existing sessions in this folder.
Note, you will need to have write access to this public folder in order to create or place sessions into the folder