FastX 3.1 Server Release Notes
- Case 69713: Ag-grid incompatibility fixed.
- Case 69304: Web client: Profile is passed from a bookmark to a new session.
- Case 69310: A session profile option has been added to force VirtualGL, even if a GPU can’t be detected.
- Case 69310: Added more logging to the VirtualGL detection routines, for diagnostic purposes.
- Case 69285: Fix for custom CSS (styles) in the web interface.
- Allow the license file to have “fastx” as the product name (as well as “fastx2”).
- Small fix for SELinux.
- Case 69475: Avoid an “All licenses in use” error when a user connects to a running session.
- Exports file now includes everything, including user favorites.
- Case 69285: fixed themes
- Case 67943: fixed possible handlebars security error
- Case 67943: fixed oidc
- VirtualGLOptions are now passed from profile to vglrun
- SELinux fix to allow built-in VirtualGL to configure the system
- Case 69212: autodetect sets max quality to 4
- Case 69208: Load Qt plugins to enable JPEG compression
- Stop statistics and agemap debug messages
- case 69023 themes are now created and saved on the system itself.
- case 69139 log getent passwd errors and use the old username
- periodically delete conflicts from the database
- 69202: add logins to exports
- case 69118 Verify the server is down before deleting sessions
- case 69148 update valid on sending message
- case 69099: add fastx/username as claim to authtoken
- case 68980: Allow the start “login” parameter to be passed as “–login=joe” to the start script
- case 67902: If permissions not set default user has full permissions
- Case 69004: Exit with 0 status if error is returned via stdout JSON.
- case 67734: fixed server filtering choosing login authentication
- case 69011 allow user to specify bind host
- case 67919: add a warning if your urls resolve to localhost
- case 67863 67941 improved UI for SSH authentication
- case 67943 65781 fix extra errors in logs
- case 67914 check if token exists before deleting
- case 67734: fixed server filtering choosing login authentication
- case 65781: fixed issue which would cause constant hits to the database
- lower beam.smp CPU usage
- case 67454: fixed sudo error
- If www.json exists with valid JSON, but the web server can’t be contacted, send a “notify” method to the client.
- upgraded angular libraries
- case 67911: rolled back terminal packages since this is optional and rarely used
- Send number of processed frame in diagnostics channel
- warning fixes
- Prioritize quality updates, fixed limit per frame
- case 67944: fixed regression in clustering
- case 67941: return everything from SSH keyboard interactive (just in case)
- case 67832: added serverList no auto as an option
- case 67744: for password to empty string once used
- case 67454: fixed missing browser error
- fixed missing groups error when no group found
- rolled back to old version of apache nano since version 9 changed their methods. case 67845
- case 67876: fixed missing forms
- if terminal is broken, ignore it
- Case 59328 added alpha channel to rendering engine
- Case 67569: Keep prompting for admin until user enters a valid group.
- Case 67402: Install suggestions script improvements and fixes
- clean up annoying link not found error message
- Gateways use new bridging mechanism
- if the gateway IS NOT external — just forward the ws connection.
if the gateway IS external — create an on demand bridge with an id and use the bridgeId.
- forceIndirect (route all connections through the gateway) now works on the gateway because it intuitively makes more sense there
- Case 67053, 65452, 65630: Ship and install a SELinux policy.
- Case 67053: the link script was keeping STDERR open when it put itself in the background.
- case 64258: updated to angular 10
- fix error when setting icon param
- case 67691: updated default form chooser template
- added debugging for tcp forwarding
- fixed issue where clients not disconnecting properly
- Install script more reliably installs screenshot support on CentOS 8.
- Case 67550: I install.sh is passed the “-q” and “-admin-group” arguments, it will put this admin group in the override.json file.
- Improved firefox extension
- added extra debugging
- fixed default forms
- update userselection load balancing template
- case 67386: get rid of bottom bar for more space
- return correct serverId if there is only one list of servers
- moved templates up so its easier to find
- improve about dialog
- updated /^fx-/ for clientcomm
- Case 65448: xorg.conf file allows ClientComm types to be enabled one by one or by a regular expression.
- Case 67426: Fix quote escape. (Oops)
- pretty print json, and remove some errors, case 67427, case 67402,
- case 67430: attempt fix of Norwegian keyboard
- case 67402 redid importing info into the database on startup
- checksum stored in the local database
- checksum matches the valid json of the override.json
- now ignore: profile, suggestions, admin
- only get data from override.json
- Put admins and suggestions into override.json file.
- Case 67239 Increase network delay threshold for cleanup
- case 67456 fixed issue with servers getting delted when editing database cluster connections
- case 67459 disable if cookies not enabled
- case 67458: disable extra codecs on old firefox
- remove debug
- added firefox clipboard extension
- Case 61979: The “clipboardMax” profile option limits the number of bytes copied out in a paste operation.
- case 67256: add more connection data to the database:
- case 67243: allow ldap shortname
- case 67294: fixed typo
- case 67271: use id to get groups to support groups with spaces in them
- Case 67317: Don’t print anything on success if reset-admin is called with groups on the command line.
- case 67358: updated select server template, case 67354: update form filter template
- case 67256: update gateway
- case 67383: fixed saving default bookmark creates a new bookmark
- Case 67384: fixed serverids
- case 67382: fixed forms
- Enable TCP messages if available
- ClientComm Channel implemented
- Permissions implemented
- Groups Implemented
- Admins are defined in groups
- Redesigned Cluster Communication avoiding database
- Reduce database storage by 90%
- Improve CPU usage since the database is used less
- New Big Block rendering protocol
- Better support on 4K screens
- Multiple codecs added for better tuning of Bandwidth
- Redesigned 3.1 Desktop Client
- Consolidated server lists
- Dark Mode support on Macs
- Brings the desktop client Features on par with browser
- User Logins are now whitelisted rather than blacklisted
- Allows admins to manage login tokens
- Server Reservations
- Once a user logs in, the server is removed from the list of available login servers until he logs out.
- VirtualGL shipped with FastX
- Can be enabled in the profile
- User Event Scripts
- Execute a shell script when a specific event is triggered on a session
- Database rebuild on startup
- Convenience to simplify cleaning up the database
- Load balancing now is an array of scripts
- scripts can filter out servers and pass them to the next script
- Https options are now part of www.json
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes